VTRV VR Video Player has excellent support for all common 3D/2D formats and modes, including 180, 220, 270 and 360 panoramas and fisheye lens projection.
VRTV VR Video Player features:
– Sync feature! Enjoy watching movies with another Cardboard friend!
– Subtitles in SRT format with full support for RTL languages, Unicode characters and automatic encoding detection.
– Configurable subtitle size.
– Immersive virtual environments. Watch on your own home theater or in a crafty cave.
– Player controls in an awesome VR UI.
– Next/Previous media buttons to switch between videos.
– Fully configurable gamepad and keyboard controls.
– Supports 3D and 2D movies in various formats: Side by Side (SBS), Top and Bottom (OU, Top and Bottom), 180 (Dome), 220, 270 and 360 degree Panoramic video. It also supports fisheye projection videos.
– Simple material design.
– Uses the latest Cardboard SDK with less drag.
– Headphone configuration from within the app. Supports several different head trackers, find the best fit for your phone and eliminate slippage.
– Streaming files over a network. Open a stream from VRTV or use your favorite file explorer browser to open streams in VRTV VR Video Player.
– Static video mode. For long movies, lock the video in place right in front of you.
VR Button guide:
– At the bottom of the screen: Open the file browser and play Controls
– On the left of the screen: Subtitle on/off, text size, Sync on/off and Screen lock. Read more about Sync below!
– Top of screen: Recenter with timer, SDK recenter (keep horizon level), Screen type switch, Video type switch (2D/3D Side by Side, 3D Top/Bottom) and fisheye projection toggle.
– Right of the screen: Screen size and volume
– Sync is a feature that keeps a movie in sync between two devices. To enable sync, first set the IP of the device you want to sync in Settings/General where you can also find the IP of your own device. Do this on both phones so each other’s IP is configured.
– Select a video to play. If it’s a local video, it should be available on both devices.
– In the VR UI, click the “sync” button on both devices to enable sync.
– Start the video by pressing the play button on one of the devices. After a small delay, the movie will start playing synchronously on both devices.
Search and network play supported!
Feature suggestions and bug reports are always welcome!
NFC, WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE : Used by the Cardboard SDK to set up and save your headset configuration.
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Used to find your device’s IP and view it in Sync settings, help set up sync playback with another device.
INTERNET, READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Required to access and stream media on the device.
Note: The VIBRATE permission is not used and will be removed in the next version.